Question Paper with Complete Solution
PART - A
Answer the following questions in one word or one sentence each;
1. How many chromosomes are there in meiocytes of human beings?
Ans: Human Meiocytes (diploid) – 46
2. Name the inducer which regulates the switching on and off lac operon.
3. Which type of R.N.A polymerase enzyme transcribes precursor m.R.N.A?
Ans: RNA polymerase II
4. Name the part of the flower which develops into the fruit after fertilization.
5. Write the scientific name of the fungus which produces cyclosporine A.
Ans: Trichoderma polysporum
6. What are pioneer species?
Ans: The species that invade a bare area are called pioneer species.
7. Which bacteria is commonly found in the anaerobic sludge during sewage treatment?
8. Name the international treaty which controls the emission of ozone-depleting substances.
Ans: Montreal Protocol
9. Define endemism.
Ans: Ecological state of a species that is confined to a particular geographical area.
10. What are euryhaline organisms?
Ans: Organisms that can tolerate and thrive of a wide range of salinities are called euryhaline organims.